The popular votes of Obama and McCain are 52% and 47% respectively, a difference of only 5%. We have to respect John McCain for his spirit to keep campaigning until Tuesday. If he were younger, and if he has picked the right person for the vice presidency, he can win.
In order to find out how many commercials they have, I tune in to A1 to-night (Thursday, 6 Nov. 2008) between 6.00 – 7.00pm. Here is my finding.
6.00 – 6.30 pm 8 commercials
(Tung Tung egg roll, Fido digit cell, Charming Holiday, Chun Chow Easting Group, Toyota on Front, Me Lar Cosmetic, 4-eye Optical and Am-Call cell phone.
6.30 – 7.00 pm 6 commercials
(4-eye Optical (twice), Ka Wah Immigration (twice), Rogers cell phone and HSBC Bank).
1. I have conducted a similar exercise in the past (Pls refer my posting of Thursday, 20 March 2008 in this blog) which showed that there were 15 commercials. i.e. no improvement during the past 7.5 months.
2. Their books are in the red. It is obvious that huge expenses cannot be recovered from earnings (commercials).
3. The above figure more of less confirms that A1 programs are not popular.
4. Although Mary Yang joined in April, she is unable to fight this losing battle.
5. We have to bear in mind that Power Politics attracks 30-35 commercials on Thursdays in the past.
6. A1 has not set up their own website probably due to lack of funds. Management may of the view that there is no future for A1.
7. I am of the view that A1 is totally hopeless.
By: Robertson on 十一月 6, 2008 at 9:35 下午
多謝 Robertson 兄的A瘟資料，看來該台距離close down 之期不遠矣！
By: 足球迷 on 十一月 6, 2008 at 10:12 下午
坐言起行，話戒就戒，冇聽本地中文電台好耐，日子又係咁過，轉咗台download HK reporter 啲節目聽，即刻發現加拿大電台節目太水皮，直情唔係波(一本政經除外)，最慘係一日到黑，不斷重複相同新聞，悶到嘔，班DJ膚淺到唔恨，唔夠班，剩係識擦鞋，梗係喇，冇咗家豪同博士，啲節目又點會好吖。唉！放長雙眼睇吓雞瘟崖得幾耐，佢執粒個日，紙船明燭照天燒，我會送佢一程。